Saturday, August 22, 2009

Perfection!

Today was one of those days that you can never forget. Today my son was fully immersed in water and we didn't have to freak out. Today was so beautiful, it was as if God purposefully made the weather perfect for us to be outside all day today and not break a sweat. We live in the Everglades. So to be outside for even a little bit in the month of August is torture: 100+ degrees, humidity, and mosquitos buzzing and biting every other second. But not today. Today there was a nice breeze, cool temp, and no bugs!!!!! Our own little paradise God created for us in the middle of the swamp.

But forget the weather. Chase was SWIMMING!!! And, oh my word, did he love it!!! It was surreal to see him sitting in water, splashing water on his chest where his line use to be. It was heavenly to see him playing with his brother, splashing each other back and forth and Chase mimicking Colton's every move as if learning new territory and Colton the expert. He was adorable in his swim trunks and no shirt. And his curls went into super-twist mode when his hair was wet! His hands and feet were pruned. He played in the pool for 3 hrs! And an even better treat.........Pappaw came over to join them! That's right, Pappaw got in that little plastic pool with the boys and they thought that was the best thing since goldfish crackers!!! And later Meemaw came over with BUBBLES!!! Now what little kid do you know doesn't love bubbles! Good call, Meemaw!!

So after 3 hrs. of pure bliss, Colton came in to take a nap and Chase came in to eat. Not long after our break Chase got his first REAL bath!! That's right! Two treats in one day!!! How much more can we handle! He didn't enjoy the bath as much as the pool, but he was a good trooper!!

So here I am, afraid to go to sleep, in fear that I might forget one second of today. After so many days that we wish we could forget, today is a blessing. But today is just the beginning......next stop......THE BEACH!!!

And yet, after a day like today, I still have a place in my heart that mourns. I've been reading other SBS parents' blogs and some are going through a rough spot. I almost feel guilty that Chase is doing so well when others are not. Weird?? I want everyone fixed, and that's what I pray for. But a wise man once told me while I was in my darkest time (Gary Briscoe, I'm talking about you!) "It's all in God's time, not our own." One of the best pieces of advice I've ever received. So small a statement, but with such a profound truth.

So I ask everyone to pray for, not just our fellow SBS families, but any family who's child is sick. It's rough. It's hard to breathe sometimes. I pray that God will scoop them up and give them the peace that He gave to us over and over again.


PS~Don't worry! Pictures will be posted soon!!

1 comment:

  1. YEA!!!! Such small "normal" daily activities for most...but for SBS kids.....a MARVELOUS, MIRACULOUS day! Smiling with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete