Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Ahhhhhh.................

We got home at about 4 pm yesterday. All was well. Chase went to bed, Colton went to bed shortly after, and Randall and I were just relaxing watching Biggest Loser (while I ate some Oreos, I might add!). Then at about 10pm Colton woke up with a stuffy, runny nose unable to sleep. So we took him to bed with us. He tossed and tumbled ALL night. At about 4am he woke up with a fever of 101 degrees. Yep. My other little muffin is sick now, too. So that sleep I was soooo looking forward to after getting home from the hospital (cause everyone knows, it is nearly impossible to get any sleep in a hospital), yeah, that didn't happen. Maybe tonight :(

It has been quite a task today trying to keep both boys happy while trying to keep them away from each other while also washing my hands constantly and following behind them with lysol!!! To make things worse, I had to run to Immokalee (30 mins from home) to pick up Chase's antibiotics, then run over to Naples (30 mins from Immokalee) and meet with a home health nurse to show me how to run his antibiotics. Then made the 45 min. ride back home. We did have a GI appointment in Ft. Myers (would have been 2 more hours of driving) but amongst all the chaos, I decided to cancel. Wondering why I had to run around for all this???? Yea, I live on a ranch. No one, and I mean no one, comes out here for anything. We don't even get mail out here. So if we need anything, we have to make the drive to town.

I have to admit, I'd rather be home amongst all this chaos than at the hospital. So it is still "Home sweet Home" just with a few added extras! :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're all home. Hope everyone is feeling better soon. I ran into your mom today!! It was so nice seeing her:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all your encouraging words! And I absolutely agree.....how would someone get through all this without the Lord? We will continue to pray for you guys and that all the "chaos" will soon settle down. Glad you are HOME now!

    A fellow short gut mom from TX

    ReplyDelete