Monday, April 20, 2009

Dreaming of home

Hey everyone,
I THINK we are coming home tomorrow. I THINK they've got everything worked out for Chase's antibiotics to come home and a quick teach on how to administer them. But I won't hold my breath. I am at a hospital, you know! They've been great, don't get me wrong.......but it's not Boston! :)

We have his monthly labs on Wednesday in Ft. Myers, which is the same day they're going to send out a home-health nurse to do the "teaching" which will have to meet with in Naples( don't know how that's going to go down), Friday we have to do some MORE labs, and Monday they want me to come back to clinic for more labs. Geez!!!

On top of it all, my poor husband is sick with (we hope) just a cold. Don't really want to bring Chase home to more sickness. Don't know how that's going to work.

But Chase is so incredibly bored, I just need to get him out of this joint. He's either in the crib or in my lap. He's used to running around in his walker, jumping in his jumper, playing (watching) with his brother, or rolling around on the floor. Okay, well this is what he would be doing if he wasn't so content with staying attached to mommy's hip! :)

I need to get home to my other baby. I am definitely one of those moms who can't stay away from their babies for too long. I think it's a waste of time to get my hair done (wasted time that could be spent with my kids) much less be away from them (or one of them) for a whole week. I NEED a Colton fix!! :)

And if one more nurse or doctor comes in, voices blaring, while Chase is sleeping and wakes him up, I am going to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!! Four times today..........FOUR TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, think I'm getting a little cabin fever. Randall was here Saturday night and Sunday and said that I was starting to mumble unintelligible sentences and not making any sense whatsoever! And to think I thought I was doing so well even with the sleep deprivation.......not so much! :)

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry Heather you'll be home soon enough. Hope Randall is getting well soon, you're right don't need anymore germs, for our little man. Randall can make believe he's a doctor and wear a mask...lol Been thinking of you all and keeping you in my prayers. Looking forward to seeing you all again. Hope it will be soon. Hugs and Kisses
    Aunt Dawn

    ReplyDelete