Thursday, May 21, 2009

How could I forget?!?!?!


I can't believe that I forgot to mention that Chase is pulling himself up to standing position and has, just in the past day or two, started walking alongside the couch. He'll be up and walking on his own in no time!!!! My little man is growing up so fast!!!!!!!!!


As for his hearing. I finally got to talk personally with the auditory neuropathy guru, Charles Berlin, yesterday. Conclusion: don't use the hearing aids. So Chase will not be using HA after all. And after discussing his developmental milestones, particularly in language and listening skills, Dr. Berlin suggested that there may be a good chance that Chase will be one of those children with AN with no interference in their hearing and language development!!!!!!!!! Only 7% of the AN population have this type of "results." It is still up in the air since Chase really hasn't developed enough language skills to determine the impact of AN on his hearing and language, but the hope is there!!!!!!!!!!!! And we definitely have the FAITH that God will once again prevail and heal our son's hearing!!!!
AND.......I never in a million years would have thought one of my kids would have curly hair, but sure enough.........Chase's hair is curly!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that it is growing out, little curls are starting to twist all over his beautiful little head!!! The only explanation....he got it from my granddaddy, his great-granddaddy, who he actually got his middle name, Roberts, from! So excited that I have a curly-haired baby!!!!!!!! When he was born we thought we saw some curls there, but they soon disappeared. But they're back!!!!!!! Yea!!! What a lady-killer he's going to be!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment