Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sorry!

What I've been doing the past few weeks, I don't know. But here's a short update:

Chase was continuing to have loose stool after we stopped giving the antibiotics so we called Boston. First assumption was C-Diff or Rotavirus. We went to his ped., took some stool samples (that I gathered myself I might add.....ewww). Results came back negative. So now we are thinking that I just increased his feeds too much, too quickly during and after the antibiotics were run. His stools are now looking better and we're at 5 diapies a day. But it's nothing like our 1 or 2 diapies a day with some seriously good-looking poopies. So keep this in your prayers. (Yes, I am asking you to pray about poop again!!!!!)

We didn't get to visit Mickey Mouse's house for Colton's birthday after all. After talking with Chase's ped. we were advised not to go due to SERIOUS germs and Chase having no immunizations. So we threw a birthday party together really fast for his birthday. Veggietales was the theme of the day. Colton is Bob the Tomato's biggest fan!!!!!!!!!! He is only two and he can tell us what's going to happen next in some of the Veggietale movies. Needless to say, his second birthday was great! Surrounded by family. Who could ask for anything more?!?! Still wish we could have spoiled him a bit more, though............maybe next year :)

We recently bought our first home!!!! Yea!!!!! So exciting, but also very time-consuming. You see, we bought a foreclosure and as a result, the house is completely gutted. Whoever lived there before took everything......and I mean everything. No cabinets, no sinks, no vent covers, no lights, no doors, and even toilets. That's right, they took the toilets!!!!! I would have too if some stupid bank kicked me out of our home. Anyways, we are trying to "put it all together" one missing item at a time. Let's just say, Lowe's is like a second home now.

We had an incredibly gifted photographer come out to take some photos of our boys since Colton is 2 and Chase will be turning 1 very soon ( I know, I can't believe it either!!!) We hope to get some announcements made and sent out. And speaking of photos, I have taken on the project of FINALLY organizing all of our photos and actually putting them into photo albums instead of just leaving them in a file in our computer. Much, MUCH bigger task than I thought it would be.

Oh yeah, we had Mother's Day, too. We didn't do anything special. But I'm just elated that I get to put myself in this esteemed category and adore the two little boys I get to call my own. I've become quite a guppy since I've become a mom and find myself with tear-filled eyes sometimes just watching my boys. God has given me the gift of the best job in the world as a stay-at-home mother, though difficult at times, but a blessing beyond compare. And just a little shout-out for my mom. She is the spunkiest, most energetic, most driven, most determined woman I have ever met. She is also the most sacrificing, giving everyone else her time. She will drop anything she was doing or might want to do to help others.........especially me. And me being so undeserving!!!! I am a spoiled child and yet she still covers me in her love. I can only hope to be as giving as her one day. I love, love, love you Mom!!!

Okay, maybe it was a long update. Sorry. But Happy Belated Mother's Day to all you Moms out there. And a special Happy Mother's Day to all you mommy's who have sick children either at home or in the hospital. Give all your concerns to God. Cast all your cares upon Him. This will be my prayer for you and that God will fill you with the peace He so often gave me (and continues to give) during my darkest hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment