Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Miracles still happening

I just wanted to share a story that happened to us today that just proves that Chase's story is STILL a testimony to many.

We got a phone call from Chase's original surgeon. This is the surgeon who opened up Chase two times to find necrotic (completely dead) small bowels. In fact, the second "look" showed decomposing bowels. From this discovery we made the decision to let our son go home to our Lord and not suffer a miserable life here with us. (Again, a personal decision made with what information we had).

Now, Chase survived and recovered with a BEAUTIFUL 37 cm. of bowels. Many would get angry and blame the surgeon for his "mistake" and I'm sure that he thought he was going to get a reaction from us today verifying that anger. But he did not. You see, I don't blame him for ANYTHING. I'm pretty sure if anyone, doctor or not, opened up a person and there was necrotic organs of any kind, we would be able to identify it as so. When an organ or any part of the body is necrotic, it's black and really smelly.....like rot. So I don't think he made a mistake. I know that what happened with Chase is an absolute miracle.

This leads to today's testimony. He wanted to let us know that he was really happy with how things turned out. In turn, I reminded him that I told him after the first surgery that "God will perform a miracle. He will, you wait and see." And even though this miracle didn't happen how we "supposed" it to happen, it did happen.........on God's time. Well, his response was...."well being in the medical profession, we tend to drift away from religion. But this story has brought me back to it."
.
.
.
.
.
.
HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHASE'S STORY RENEWED HIS FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't express how wonderful it was to hear this. It's like it was something I had been waiting for, even though I didn't know what it was I was waiting for, until it happened today. Like there was something I was missing, unknowingly, and it was fulfilled today. God's work.........it's ever so majestic and mighty.

We talked about many things, a visit included. But the story above was, by far, the best part. And I must give him some major credit. He had the guts to call us, knowing it might be ugly. But he let us know that we've been on his mind ever since he gave us the "news." God bless you Doc. God used you in an mighty way and none of us knew how until the whole picture was drawn. I pray that he will continue to touch you and you will grow with him and he can use you in a mighty way in the medical field.

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Incredible!!......God does truly work even in the "ugliest" of situations.

    ReplyDelete